Freedom School 2017
We are excited to share a few quick updates as we get ready to welcome our scholars on Monday, 19 June, 2017. Please see the following:
- Camp hours 8am-3pm
- Drop off at the front of the school until 8:25am; Go to the gym after 8:25am.
- Breakfast: 8am-8:30am
- Please be punctual with drop-offs and pickups.
- We will provide lunch and breakfast daily.
- Weekly field trips every Friday beginning the 2nd week of Freedom Summer School
- Weekly parent meetings: Thursday 3:30pm to 4:30pm
- All scholars must have allergy and food restrict forms filled out - see your counselor
This year we are unable to offer aftercare services
Scholars must be collected at dismissal - 3:00 PM
At BJA’s Freedom Schools program we love summer, and we understand that this is a busy and important time for families. But we also facilitate this program, under the direction of Children’s Defense Fund. It provides opportunities for scholars, and families who need these 6 weeks- intended to support the growth, and awareness of boys and girls.
As such, an attendance policy will continue to be in place for all admitted scholars.
- Scholars who are absent for more than three (3) days will forfeit their space in the program.
- If a student is absent more than three days due to illness a doctor’s note must be provided.
- Family vacations or similar events are not reasons that are accepted.
- June 13, 2017 (pdf)