BJA COVID Protocol:
These protocols were established by the Office of Education and the Allegheny East Conference of Seventh-Day Adventists Emergency Team for the notification of infectious diseases within a classroom. COVID-19 Contact Tracing protocols dictate that in order for students to return to school they will need a Negative PCR test (not the Rapid Test) before returning to school. In addition, the following protocols are in place:
1. The local public health department has been notified.
2. Anyone who has been in contact with the infected person in excess of 15 minutes within a distance less than 6ft will quarantine or obtain a negative PCR COVID test.
3. If an exposed person refuses to be tested, they will quarantine for 14 calendar days.
4. All persons in the building will continue to wear masks at all times while maintaining 6ft physical distancing.
Scholars and teachers experiencing the following symptoms will be required to get a COVID test, and provide negative test results before returning to school.
Watch for these Symptoms:
- Fever or chills
- Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
- Muscle or body aches
- New loss of taste or smell
- Sore throat
- Congestion or runny nose
- Nausea or vomiting